Sept. 21, 2015-July 27, 2016.
Position: Sales Agent.
– Ranked in top-third of sales center agents
– Provide customers with home products to fit needs while meeting center metrics/sales goals
QNotes (Pride Publishing & Typesetting, Inc.)
October 1, 2007-August 23, 2015.
– Produce, solicit, manage and edit news, opinion, entertainment content for print and online
– Assist and guide in production layout of print newspaper issues
– Collaborate with production director/graphic design for print newspaper issues
– Direct and implement website redesigns
– Management and maintenance of online advertising (Google DFP Small Business)
– Manage and promote brand through online social media
– Represent newspaper and staff at various community functions and events
Freelance & Contract Work / Community Involvement
Charlotte Pride (Charlotte, N.C.)
2008-Present. Various positions including non-profit volunteer, board member, Media Chair.
Direct all external communications, including press relations, website operation and design, social media management, event signage, marketing materials, annual print publication.
Creative Loafing (Charlotte, N.C.)
September 2013-Present. Freelance features writing and commentary.
Campus Pride (Charlotte, N.C.)
January 2012-May 2012. Contract Position: Communications Manager.
July 1, 2010-March 2011. Contract Position: Social Media Coordinator.
Guided implementation of redesigned campuspride.org, manage and produce organization communications, press releases and other statements.
Latin American Coalition (Charlotte, N.C.)
Contract Position: New Media Coordinator, NC Equals Campaign.
Sirius/XM Out Q News (New York, N.Y.)
September 2008-September 2012. Freelance.
Radio news broadcasts/voicers, including coverage of the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Major: History, Spring 2011-Present (in progress)
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Major: History, Fall 2004-Spring 2007
R.J. Reynolds High School
High School Diploma, Winston-Salem, NC 2000-2004
– Expansive repertoire in community organizing and journalism, familiarity with AP style
– Extensive experience in public relations/marketing, with eye toward brand/revenue growth
– Significant experience managing WordPress, Blogger/Blogspot, email marketing systems
– Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign
– Basic-Intermediate HTML/PHP web design/editing and audio/video editing